Tuesday, May 7, 2013

September 27th, 2012

     Here is a little update. I am waiting for my a/c expert (father in law) to be available. He has the equipment, so I have been working on other projects. I decided to fix the HORRIBLE battery tray eyesore in the car.

Here is the before picture:

Image

SEVERAL hours into the project:

Image

I used a spot weld cutter bit I got from Harbor freight. It did okay, but man I drilled a lot of holes in that metal!

All cleaned up with a lot of holes going into the vehicle cabin. I wasn't aware of this until it was pointed out to me :oops:

Image

Some magic filler stuff:

Image

Clean up except for adding the plastic metal stuff :)

Image

All cleaned up:

Image

New Tray:

Image

Battery and the original hold down hardware installed. I did clean up the hardware a little:

Image

I am still planning on re-designing how that mess connects at the battery, but this will have to do for now.

Other things I have done, but haven't had time to post about: Fixed a little bit of rust on the passenger side wheel well, also am mostly done stripping the blue Scorpio down in my garage. Looks like a car puked in my garage. Parts everewhere!

One last obstacle to me getting some more work done:

Yes, we bought another money pit, er, I mean boat, er, family entertainment device:

Image

No comments:

Post a Comment