Tuesday, May 7, 2013

May 7th, 2013

Well, had a little bit of good news, and then had it all erased with some really bad news.  Had my neighbor come over and helped me get the transmission attached to the motor.  That was the good news.
The bad news is I finally heard back from another person about the chips I observed on the two gears in the transmission.  The chip on the reverse idler gear which is on a corner isn't a big deal.  The chip in the middle of first gear is a big deal.  Apparently it won't take much to break off more of the gear and then shell the transmission.  I'm fairly bummed, not sure what to do now.  Waiting to here back from Jeff, but the options aren't good.  Major disassembly, more money I probably shouldn't spend on this thing.  Not going to be driving the Scorpio to Carlisle for sure now.  Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment