Tuesday, May 7, 2013

August 26, 2012

I wasn't really looking yet, but I couldn't resist a great deal on this amplifier. I got it on Ebay. It is a Blaupunkt 5-channel amp. It was actually built by Zapco, which as I understand was a good thing. It is kind of big, weighs 15lbs, looks awesome. It should fit in very nicely with my all Blaupunkt system!

Image

Image

I had some time on Friday, so I got the a/c compressor out of the car. It is gross right now, but that is what 23 years and a leaky oil pressure sensor will do to you :) I have the hose connection point bagged and zip tied for now till I can get it cleaned up and then it will be time to r&r the shaft seal.

Image

Here are the goodies that I have for the a/c repair. New filter/dryer, new expansion valve, and the compressor kit to replace the seal along with the compressor case o-rings.

Image

If my father in-law isn't available in the next couple of weeks, I may end up buying my own set of gauges and a vacuum pump. He is very busy, but he does have the equipment. Not to mention a lot more experience with a/c than I do. Anyway, still hopeful to have a working a/c by September :cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment