Tuesday, May 7, 2013

May 1st, 2013

Clutch fork bushing/space issue solved. Made a trip to the Ace Hardware store and found a couple of options for replacement.

Image

I used the one that was on the left. It was a little shorter than the original, but it had the correct I.D. and the pin is just tapped into the case, so I was able to adjust for the 1/32" shortness.

More progress, shifter is finally out. That was a pain!

Image

I had to take both front seats loose so I could remove a couple of screws that were holding the console in. No fun at all.

Got the pedal box removed last night. Not too hard, but did take some time.

Image

The one hiccup I did have, is that I discovered the clutch quadrant had broken at the tab that holds the return spring and the spring was MIA. The incredible Jeff Herson already has a new kit on the way.

Image

I am just waiting on the clutch fork boot to show up from the UK, and with that and the quadrant, I may have this all back together by Sunday! Fingers Crossed

No comments:

Post a Comment