Tuesday, May 7, 2013

October 21st, 2012

It has been a very busy couple of weeks. I finally found some time and stripped out most of the parts off of the Blue Scorpio. I am hopeful I can get it out of the garage and off to the scrap yard by next weekend.

Had a some major maintenance: replaced the fuel pump. A big thanks to Jeff Herson for a "new" used pump for the job. Definitely a learning experience. Sorry, no pictures of interest.

Minor maintenance: had the air distribution motor on the climate control system crap out. Not sure what happened, but it is dead. I will look into it later, but luckily I was able to replace it with the one out of the parts car.

Replaced the EGR posiiton sensor. It decided it was time to fail also. Car ran "okay" just seemed a little off. My "early" 88 doesn't have a check engine light, so I didn't know anything was really wrong till I pulled codes. I got a (34) right away. Replaced the sensor, and it went away.

That is about it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment