Tuesday, May 7, 2013

March 24th, 2013

Well, I am going to be embarking on an unexpected, but awesome project.

I am going to transform my Scorpio from this,

Image

To this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image

No, not the leather interior, I am already working on that, but it will be a 5-SPEED!!!!!!!

After 24 years the A4LD is giving up the ghost, I have tried to baby it, but it is now time for a rebuild. After investigating various options, from buying a re-manufactured one from an online vendor, I particularly liked this one: http://www.transmissioncenter.org/a4ld.htm or having a local shop do a rebuild for me (I am sure there is a good shop in town, but the couple of businesses I talked to were so rude, and assumed I knew nothing).

Enter Mr. Jeff Herson. I contacted him about getting a rebuilt A4LD. He was more than happy to get an estimate put together. I believe he works with a local shop or person and they rebuild them from available core's that Jeff has.

During our conversation Jeff throws out that he has a T-9, complete with all the trimmings, drive shaft, pedal box, etc. The only thing missing is the clutch cable. I made a call to BAT and they have one in stock, so I am going to go for it! Jeff is heading this way in a couple weeks, and I am in no hurry, so this is going to be awesome! For about the same money as rebuilding the auto, I will have the fun of a 5-speed.

A huge shout out goes to Jeff! I am very excited :headbang

No comments:

Post a Comment