Sunday, August 30, 2009

Progress

A couple of good things happened this week! I went ahead and replaced the rear transmission mount on the Scorpio. I will post pics soon, the old mount was totally trashed and in two pieces. The bad vibration I felt in the car is totally gone. I believe the car is able to drive without tearing up the driveline. Next up is to R & R the instrument cluster and check the cooling system out. I already drained and refilled the radiator, but I think the thermostat is either stuck open or gone.

*Edit* Here is a pic of the old and new transmission mount:

Photobucket

The other good thing that happened this week is I received some info back on the Title process for the car. I got a receipt from the Texas Dept. of Transportation showing I had applied for the bonded title. I had applied for the "suretey bond" with a title company in Texas. After I signed the paperwork and sent it back they applied for the title for me. This is great because I thought I was waiting for them to just send me the bond and then I would have to apply for it. I hope this will shorten the time for me to get the title.

Keep your fingers crossed!

Later,

Darren

No comments:

Post a Comment