Sunday, July 22, 2012

Update on the car and life :)

So, it has been a little over  12 months since I last posted to this blog.  The reasons why are varied, but lack of time is the most relevant reason.  That being said I do want to update what is going on.

I have done a lot to the car these past two years, so I will try to update what I have done.

1st thing that comes to mind is the sound system.  I have been thinking all along to try to keep the German flair to the car, so I decided Blaupunkt was the way to go for the sound system.  After many nights scouring Ebay or any other place I could find, I picked up a few gems.


The head unit is a Blaupunkt Key Largo, CD / Stereo / CD Changer Controller.
The real gem is the IDC-AO9 5 Disc In Dash Changer.  I have seen these around, but never thought I would be able to get one.  The head unit was used, but the changer was brand new.  They look outstanding in the car.


The stock speakers were not in good condition, and even new, they were never sounded good at all.  So I picked up these little jewels

Rear Speakers

Front Speakers

 
It sounds very good if I don't say so myself.  Future upgrades will include a subwoofer and an amplifier.  Hopefully also both Blaupunkt.


No comments:

Post a Comment